Most investors ask us "How can I obtain better rates of return on my investments, keep my money safe and liquid, and avoid paying taxes on my gains?" Before we can answer these questions, and discuss the tradeoffs associated with each, we must first get a better understanding of your needs and objectives. We will begin by asking questions such as:
- What are your financial goals? Are you trying to save for your child’s education? Purchase a home? Provide for your retirement? Minimize your taxes or maximize your estate?
- What is your overall financial situation? Have you begun a savings or investing strategy? Have you determined the amount you have available to invest now and in the future?
- What prior investment experience do you have, and what are your risk tolerances?
- Do you need current income from the investments or are you comfortable letting the funds grow until they are needed?
- When do you anticipate needing the funds?
- What is your current, and anticipated tax burden?
A drop in the U.S. Leading Economic Index for June on Friday confirmed that decelerating growth is likely for the rest of 2019. The LEI ticked down -0.3% in June, Read More »
For business owners, professionals, and wealthy families, tax rules are about as favorable as they've been in decades, but the tax policy pendulum could swing back again. Be prepared to Read More »
- Read More