Retirement should be a time for fun, family and relaxing. Financial worries should not take any of the joy out of this special time of life. People who are considering their retirement will often ask themselves some difficult questions:
- Will my employee pension and other benefits be reduced or eliminated?
- While current employer-provided benefits may look good now, will they offer security for the future?
- Will I outlive my retirement fund?
- How much will taxes and inflation erode my investment income?
- How will I pay for healthcare?
These questions are particularly troublesome, especially when the Social Security Administration's own pamphlet is stating that "Social security is not designed to meet all your financial needs in your retirement years."
Since neither social security nor employer provided benefits can guarantee you a secure, comfortable retirement, your personal savings will most likely become the foundation for your retirement plan. This may seem daunting, but the professionals at Progressive will help you develop an investment strategy which will include:
- Determining the income level that will make you comfortable during your retirement.
- Developing an investment plan which insures that your assets are structured to provide security during your retirement, while keeping up with inflation.
- Taking advantage of all available tax benefits.
But the key to a sound retirement plan is to start now.
How long does it take to become a long-term investor? Past performance is not a guarantee of your future results but ignoring history is unwise. According to Craig Israelsen, Ph.D., Read More »
For business owners, professionals, and wealthy families, tax rules are about as favorable as they've been in decades, but the tax policy pendulum could swing back again. Be prepared to Read More »
- Read More